- There was an issue with our credit card provider that prevented registration from working earlier this week. It has been fixed. If you ran into an issue (server error), please try again. If you are still having issues please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The hotel room blocks are now open. See the Hotel Page for details.
- Young Writers’ Contest now open, Students in grades 5-12 can win prize money for their story. Deadline: 10/1/2022
- Registration is now open – Click to learn more
- Volunteer to help Philcon – there are several departments that need assistance on-site. Please write email@example.com if you can help out.
In person at the Doubletree by Hilton, Cherry Hill, NJ
Currently, it is our intention to host an in-person Philcon at the Doubletree by Hilton, Cherry Hill, NJ, if legal and feasible. (Same hotel, new name)
Join us for the 85th anniversary of the world’s first and longest-running conference on science fiction, fantasy, and horror! Philcon 2022 will take place on November 18-20, 2022.
Started in 1936, Philcon features cutting-edge programming about literature, art, television, film, anime, comics, science, gaming, costuming and cosplay, music, and other topics of interest to fans of sci-fi, fantasy, and horror. We will also have many other attractions, such as our awesome Art Show and Auction; a Vendors Room full of unique merchandise; a full-featured Tabletop Gaming room; our Writer’s Workshop (featuring professional authors and editors); Concerts; Dances, our Masquerade/Costume Competition, and more!
Vaccination and Mask Policy
1. Vaccination Against COVID 19 is Required
Everyone who is attending Philcon in any capacity must be fully vaccinated by the day before Philcon, that is, by Thursday, November 17, 2022.
THIS MEANS that you must have received the final vaccine shot at least two full weeks before the start of Philcon, that is, by THURSDAY, NOVEMBER 3, 2022. The final vaccine shot is defined as:
- Attendees >5 years old
- Second shot of Pfizer or Moderna vaccine
- Single shot of Johnson & Johnson vaccine
- Canadians: Second shot of AstraZeneca vaccine is acceptable
- Attendees <5 years old
- Second shot of Moderna vaccine
- Third shot of Pfizer vaccine
We acknowledge, with sadness, that persons who cannot or will not be vaccinated will not be permitted to attend Philcon 2022.
2. Proof of Vaccination
Every person, including the Philcon committee and staff, must present proof of vaccination. All persons age 18 and over must show official photo identification matching the name shown on the proof of vaccination.
3. Mask Wearing is Mandatory
Every person must wear a mask which covers both the nose and the mouth at all times, except in a private sleeping room.
Masks must be worn at all room parties
Masks may be removed briefly when eating and drinking.
[A different policy may apply in the hotel’s restaurants, if they are open]
4. Handwashing is Requested
We recommend that you thoroughly wash your hands several times a day.
5. Policy for People Who Previously Purchased Memberships.
Notice that vaccination and mask would be required was posted on the Philcon website homepage and registration page on April 14, 2022.
If you purchased your Philcon 2022 membership before that date, we will, upon written request, defer your membership(s) to a subsequent year or provide a refund.
Artist Guest of Honor
Young Writers’ Contest now open
Students in grades 5-12 can win prize money for their story. The deadline to enter the Young Writers’ Contest is Saturday, October 1, 2022.