The Philcon Dealers Room features vendors selling new and used books, art and prints, comics, anime and related products, steampunk artifacts, DVDs, jewelry, costume clothing, games, collectibles and more.
Dealer RegistrationAnyone wishing to sell at Philcon 2017 must request a space in the dealers’ room by filling out the attached application. Applications to vend must be received by the deadline – November 1, 2017. (Note that per the Vendor Recruitment Letter, priority will be given to those dealers whose applications were received by September 1, 2017, but space is still available, and any new requests will be handled in the order they are received.)
After the deadline, you may email us and ask if tables are available. Sometimes, tables are available due to cancellations or other reasons.
There will be NO hotel room dealers at Philcon 2017.
Please note: NO applications will be accepted unless they are accompanied by a completely filled-out reservation form, payment, and a signed and dated release form. The signature on the back of the form must be that of the person named on the form. Incomplete or unsigned forms, forms without payment, or payment without properly filled-in forms, will be returned.
If you wish, you can scan the forms and email them to firstname.lastname@example.org, but the payment must still be received. If we receive payment prior to receiving a properly completed form, we may retain your payment because we will assume that you will be sending us that form.
Full payment must also accompany all applications. Checks or money orders must be payable in US dollars; checks must be drawn on a US bank. Visa, MasterCard, and PayPal are also accepted.
Please send your completed application, registration forms, and a check or money order covering table payment and any additional memberships, made out to Philcon 2016, to:
Todd Dashoff - Dealers
PO Box 425
Huntingdon Valley, PA 19006
PayPal should be directed to: email@example.com. Please put an explanation into the Notes section, such as ‘1 dealer’s table and 2 memberships’ and send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org to let us know that payment has been made.
Table Costs (Do NOT include membership; see below)
Half table $50
One table $80
Two tables $190
Three tables $330
In addition to paying for the table space, anyone working in the Dealers' Room must have a Philcon membership. Dealer memberships are $40 each. This rate is good until November 1, providing that the check or money order is clearly marked “Dealer Memberships” or the appropriate amount is included with your table reservation. There is a limit of TWO memberships per (full) table. Those people whose memberships are not purchased in advance must pay at-the-door rates. Program participants who wish to reserve space in the room do not need to buy memberships; however, we will confirm that you have agreed to appear on a sufficient number of program items to waive the membership cost.
Philcon reserves the sole right to determine which applications to accept. The application does not entitle you to any space or table in the Dealers' Room. Philcon also reserves the right to provide you with fewer tables than you have requested. If we do so, we will make an appropriate adjustment in price either by reducing the charge or providing you with a refund of any excess amount that was paid.
Allowed and Prohibited Items
- You may sell (certain types of) weapons, but they must be wrapped and the package sealed before the purchaser can take them out of the Dealers’ Room. Please send a description with your form.
- There will be no loud noise-producing items in the Dealers' Room. Headsets must be provided.
- You may not sell any item that is illegal, that is a violation of any copyright, service mark, trademark, or patent, that was obtained illegally, or that violates any applicable law, statute,or ordinance.
- Dealers in art prints are welcome in our Dealers' Room. However, any art print sold in the Dealers' Room cannot also be displayed and sold in the Art Show Print Shop. Conversely, any art print title that is displayed and sold in the Print Shop cannot be sold in the Dealers' Room. If you are an artist, we suggest you consider whether it is more advantageous to request space in the Art Show rather than the Dealers’ Room; send a request for information to email@example.com.
- Dealers expecting to lean or prop things against the walls must PAD the contact points with felt or foam.
- Nothing may be hung, stuck, or fastened to any wall, ceiling, or other surface in the Dealers' Room.
- There are very few wall tables available. Only ask for them if you must have it for your display.
- Each space includes one table and 2 chairs, unless a special set-up is requested on the application form. Special requests cannot be guaranteed.
- Power is included free with your space, if power can be provided. All electrical equipment must have either grounded (triple-prong) or polarized plugs.
- The room will be locked overnight, but Philcon does not assume any responsibility for any losses. Dealers are expected to cover their tables appropriately overnight.
Confirmation, Cancellation, etc.
Confirmation will be sent via email, unless other format is specifically requested on the application form. Should you need to cancel, we will refund your money if we are able to resell your space.
There will be no refunds issued after October 31, 2017.
Philcon does not collect taxes. It is the dealer’s responsibility to collect N J sales tax (7%). Formsand information can be obtained by calling 609-826- 4400, or check http://www.state.nj.us/treasury/revenue/gettingregistered.shtml. The form you want is NJ-REG . If you currently have a NYS tax number, you may be able to send NJ taxes in on that; consult the NYS tax people.
Hotel reservations can be made by going to the hotel page on our website. Please make your reservations as soon as possible. The hotel reservation deadline is currently November 1, 2017.
If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to get in touch via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thanks and looking forward to working with you,
Todd Dashoff, Philcon 2017 Vendor Coordinator